[mythtvnz] Channel change stability issues with MythTV andVDPAU in NZ

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:00:14 BST 2009

Jonathan Hoskin wrote:

> Seems our offshore friends are having similar issues in 9.04:

Well I'm glad that its not just me then!  Interesting it claims that
reverting to 1.10 firmware fixed it for one person.  I did try that but
I don't think I powered right down as I didn't know it made a
difference.  Might give it a go when I get a chance.  You would think if
they had changed the driver they would iterate the version number rather
than leave everyone scratching their heads...

Nick Rout wrote:

reading the mythbuntu forums (as I occasionally do) revelas a lot of
problems with 9.04, particualarly upgrades from previous versions.

I will be avoiding it and may try a move to LinHES (formerly knoppmyth).

Interesting.  Hopefully they can fix things in 9.10 as I quite like
Ubuntu and have got a lot of things the way I like them now.

Nick Rout wrote:
Seems to be mainly FE problems, and very hit and miss at that.

Yeah I think thats the case too.  I did an experiment last night.  I
can't watch live TV at all now so I went in and set a currently showing
program to record, went back into the recordings menu and started
watching it with no problems even though it was recording and playing
back at the same time.  I don't think the card has fallen over and
stopped working for a few days now.  I was getting problems where
overnight it wouldn't record a show it was supposed to.  I'm guessing it
was because the card was functioning correctly.  The recording was
listed in the recordings menu but it complained that the file couldn't
be found.  It may come back to the coding issues JYA pointed out earlier.

Aaron Drysdale wrote:

I checked JYA's site and noticed his comment about downgrading to
180.60, and given the problems I've been having with my HD tuner the
last few weeks I decided to do the same. However, after downgrading I
found a lot of problems with playback on TV3, which is normally rock
solid for me. So, back to 185.x and the modules out of Jean-Yves test
repository.

I reverted as per JYAs instructions and didn't have any issues.  You
might need to check some of your settings which may have been lost?...