[mythtvnz] Channel change stability issues with MythTV andVDPAU in NZ

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Mon Jun 15 01:24:26 BST 2009

>Bummer.  I thought that the playback was improved using this driver on
>my machine, probably with the fixes to the powermizer.  I've reverted
>though and will wait for a more stable version.

I checked JYA's site and noticed his comment about downgrading to
180.60, and given the problems I've been having with my HD tuner the
last few weeks I decided to do the same. However, after downgrading I
found a lot of problems with playback on TV3, which is normally rock
solid for me. So, back to 185.x and the modules out of Jean-Yves test
repository.

I've found that provided I watch live TV off the satellite, and use the
HD tuner just for recording, the system works very well. The problems I
have all seem to be related to channel changing on HD. Ie, the channel
changing is so slow, it appears to timeout and comes up with the
"Encountered problem displaying video" message.

Aaron