[mythtvnz] Channel change stability issues with MythTV andVDPAU in NZ

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 10:59:59 BST 2009

Hey guys,

Not sure if its related but I'm having some stability issues on my
system.  I sometimes get "Encountered a problem displaying video" errors
both when watching recordings and when watching live TV.  I've noticed
it happens when a recording starts (ie playback of live TV or recording
exits).

Channel change can take up to 2 - 5 seconds to change but I thought this
was normal.  It may be that I need to improve the signal strength.

But my biggest problem now is that the card seems to fall over pretty
regularly.  This is noted by the fact that the remote stops working
along with Live TV.  This can happen anywhere between a few seconds
after start up and hours later.  The syslog begins to fill up with
entries like:

Jun  8 20:01:26 mythserver kernel: [ 1453.468507] mt2060 I2C read failed
Jun  8 20:01:27 mythserver kernel: [ 1454.616051] mt2060 I2C write
failed (len=2)
Jun  8 20:01:27 mythserver kernel: [ 1454.616055] mt2060 I2C write
failed (len=6)
Jun  8 20:01:27 mythserver kernel: [ 1454.616058] mt2060 I2C read failed

 From what I can google it seems like this problem was supposed to have
been solved by recent driver updates.  Looks like I am using the
dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw as it is not symlinked to 1.10.

System:
Nvidia 180.60 VDPAU (JYA release repo)
Hauppauge Win Nova T 500
Ubuntu 9.04