[mythtvnz] USB DVB-S

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jun 4 20:57:25 BST 2009

Nick
> Personally I wouldn't recommend to anyone to take the analogue signal and encode it back to digital when the digital signal is
> unencrypted and freely available.

Couldn't agree more, just there did not seem a lot of better options and it would work if your friend was desperate enough!

> > I guess you know about DiSEqC1.0/1.2 protocol and satellite dishes?
>

>I don't know anything specific, if you are hinting at some known problem, let us know :)

No hints intended above the usual concerns of how much will it take to work, rather it seemed you were not too sure about how the
magical sat dishes found where to look....

I do not know for sure but understand this is part of the trickery behind auto dish positioning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DiSEqC
and the box I suggested had some of that in it, not sure about versions of it etc...