[mythtvnz] VLC

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Mon Jun 1 01:00:01 BST 2009

I echo this, the WAF factor is low in the house due to the fact that the old
DVD player gets pulled out to play DVD's.  With winter upon us and nights in
front of the screen more frequent, I'd be keen to find out whats up or if
anybody has found a fix for the issue. I even replaced the DVD drive unit
thinking it had gotten tired, but to no avail.
I too am using 9.04 recently installed.

2009/5/30 James Booth <james at booths.net.nz>

> Since upgrading my Mythbuntu system to 9.04 I have had lots of problems
> playing DVD's, specifically new ones that I have rented that are full of
> every copy protection trick under the sun. The internal player and mplayer
> will not play the discs, but I find that VLC generally will.
>

> Two questions: Firstly, can anyone suggest why the internal player and
> mplayer might not be able to handle these discs, but VLC can, and secondly,
> if I have to use VLC can anyone suggest the best command line settings for
> launching from Myth?
>

> Cheers.

Barry Clearwater

Email: barryc at bcsystems.co.nz