[mythtvnz] Looking for parts for my HTPC build

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 22:25:43 BST 2009

I'd appreciate any leads on the following parts, is there any one very good supplier of parts in NZ for HTPC parts?

IDE44 to sata adapter - to use an ide laptop drive with a sata mobo. Actually using a compact flash as a HD, the CF adaptor is a IDE44 device.

Cradle to use to mount the CF card adapter in a 2.5" drive bay

Slim DVD drive preferably with sata otherwise I'll need another adapter, either tray loading or slot loading.
Actually I'd be interested in your opinions on tray loading vs slot loading DVD drive. I like the idea of slot loading, but I have young kids, are slot loading drives susceptible to having 2 disks jammed in them?