[mythtvnz] vdpau and scart RGB

Brett Miller blmiller at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Jul 27 05:43:14 BST 2009

Hi Alan,

Can  not answer all parts of your question.

1. Can VGA output SD video signals etc ?
      -  yes  but I have only used 480p60, 576p50 ; interlace should be fine (HD 1080i fine)

2. Will vdpau h/w acceleration work with SD output ?
   -  I only tried SD VGA with desktop not any vdpau applications.
   - don't know for sure, I think there will be a post vdpau scaling process.

Beware most SCART equip. does not utilize RGB-S.
Need to check your TV will use the RGB feed.

Brett.