[mythtvnz] Tuner availability issue (was TVNZ freeview channels starting to appear in Sky's EIT data)

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Mon Jul 6 03:49:31 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>wrote:

> Just a heads up.
>
> As part of Sky carrying TVNZ 6 + 7 from 1st July the EIT data for those
> channels started to appear in Sky's EIT feed a couple of days ago. I've just
> noticed that TV One's 1035 SID and the regional variants are now also
>
> No sign of TV 2 on 1036 yet, and the Sky STBs are still configured to use
> their feeds of TV One and TV 2.
>
> Steve

As noted in another post, I've been under pressure at home to resolve a few
annoyances, mainly caused by channel changes in Sky. So, at the weekend, I
tried to add the new channels, and made a complete mess of everything. I
ended up having to delete and re-add my tuners (a DVB-S card and an analogue
card connected to the Sky STB), sources and channels etc.

I got there in the end, but now I have a problem - I can't record from both
tuners simultaneously. I have multirec on the DVB-S card, but that's all. If
I try to set up a recording on both tuners, I get told I have 'tuner not
available' conflicts. Live TV works properly in every other respect.

I suspect the issue is that in re-adding everything, the system somehow has
got my tuner numbers confused.

Any suggestions where I go from here?

- David