[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:25:30 BST 2009

Hi

2009/7/1 Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>:
> Tried this last night, worked perfectly on both live tv and recorded tv.
> Audio on TV3 using AC3 is very quiet, audio on TV3 using AAC 2ch is
> normal.
>
> So I would suggest that something between this build and the previous
> from Jean-Yves repository has changed wrt audio.

You can try playing with the AC3 upmixer.

First, make sure it is disabled in Setup -> General -> Audio

I found that the volume is affected depending on the upmix quality
used (passive vs the other etc..)

there has been no difference in a long time on the audio code, but you
may have enabled the AC3 upmixer and I'ven noticed slightly lower
volume with it.

Then if it doesn't make a difference, try enable it

And finally, if none of the above works, raise the volume !