[mythtvnz] Fwd: mythtv with vdpau and LATM/AAC support

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 21:27:05 GMT 2009

> Are you running your box on a 64 bits machine by any chances?

I'm running 32bit. I'm starting to think the problem is power management /
screen saver related. I was using the default Mythbuntu XFCE session which
I'm not familiar with, so I have switched to Gnome and will perfect the
settings there. I can't check yet tho - the Shortland Street Omnibus has
just started recording and WAF is already at an all time low ;-)

> 2) The OSD is skewed/broken. I have tried a couple of different OSD
> flavours with the same result. Photos here:
> http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/329831/1/mythosdbugs?h=dd37c2

Now that is something I have never seen before...
> Are you using Qt or Opengl? what video card is it ?
>
> Personally I use the MePo theme (which is included in my ubuntu
> package) and it shows properly uner all the machine I'm running here
> with VDPAU (3, 2x32 bits, 1x64)

OSD is now FIXED. I just went into the Mytbuntu control panel and
uninstalled/reinstalled all of the themes. Working fine now.

> > 3) Yes there is heaps of spam in the frontend logs, but nothing
> > logrotate can't handle
> that's an ffmpeg issue unfortunately...
>
> the version of ffmep in trunk is much more advanced
>
> The other ubuntu package with LATM/AAC support by Paul Kendall is also
> using a more recent version of ffmpeg, so I'm guessing a lot of
> bugs/issues have been ironed out.
>
> I wanted to stay as close as possible to the original 0.21-fixes..
> Changing for a newer version of ffmpeg wasn't on my agenda.

Thanks again for your efforts. I for one am happy to wait for ffmpeg to be
updated, now that we have a testing release of Myth/VDPAU for Ubuntu that
just works.

Jonathan