[mythtvnz] VDPAU and TV3?

Richard Watson richardwatson at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 19:54:31 GMT 2009

A bit of further information - I changed my screen resolution from the native 1080i (1920x1080 50Hz Interlaced) down to 720p - and amazingly it can now display the 1080i content without any problems.

The only thing I can assume is there is a problem with the VDPAU drivers playing 1080i content to 1080i displays?

Richard

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:21:09 +1300From: jonathan.hoskin at gmail.comTo: mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nzSubject: Re: [mythtvnz] VDPAU and TV3?I wouldn't have thought your TV would cause the issues - AFAIK the display resolution coming out of the PC is scaled by your video card and would remain constant across channel changes.I have personally had TV3 problems when my UHF signal strength was a bit weak (< 30%) from too many extension cables, splitters, and bad wiring inline.Jonathan