[mythtvnz] Two Different DVB-S cards SOLVED

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 29 07:50:32 GMT 2009

For any one hanging out for an answer....
The problem was I was using a splitter from the Satellite dish with one power pass channel, connected to the Technotrend.
I had assumed that the Technotrend power would power the Nova-S also, that was not the case, as a volt meter suggests they only power up when running.
The fix is to use a splitter with power pass on all channels.
Now to figure out why Satellite Radio does not seem to record correctly, although it plays live fine.
Kind regards
David