[mythtvnz] Multi-threaded Mplayer

Simon Cantem scantem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:41:26 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:49 AM, feadog <feadog at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> I'm really not certain of the quality of the Asus My Cinema U3100 DVB-T USB
> stick, so I'd appreciate any feedback of your experience with other
> sticks/cards here.

I have 2 USB tuner sticks, the Asus U3100 and an Avermedia Hybrid Volar HX.
The be honest I've been much more impressed with the Asus, the chipset it
uses is supported by the latest kernel, and it just worked in MythTV without
issue. For the Avermedia I had to install their drivers, increase the tuning
timeout in MythTV to get it to tune the DVB channels, and I can't get the
analogue tuner working. In terms of quality I can't see any difference in
signal quality (but I'm in central Christchurch and get excellent
reception), I haven't tried the little aerials that come with either of the
USB sticks :) For the price I've been much more impressed with the Asus
stick, the Avermedia build quality seems much lower.

Thanks very much for the mplayer details, I'll have to give it a try.

Simon