[mythtvnz] Help please!

Simon Cantem scantem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:50:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

The config files for the backend are stored in /etc/mythtv - the most
important file there is mysql.txt which will contains the database settings.
You might want to connect to the database with those settings to make sure
the username and password still work, or as root run "mysql" then "show
databases;" to make sure the mythconverg database is still there.

The other thing to try is give the backend a kick (run:
/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart) and then have a look at the end of the file
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log to see if there's any errors.

Simon