[mythtvnz] Getting DVB-T working under Linux

Simon Cantem scantem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 11:02:08 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Gordon Anderson
<gordon.b.anderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Simon
>
> I had similar audio issues with Ubuntu 8.10 and a Hauppuage card recently - I resolved these by
> installing Paul Kendall's patched version of mythtv.  I am currently travelling and dont have access to
> my myth machine to double check the details, but for some background see  http://www.gossamer-
> threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/356269 - I simply changed my /etc/apt/sources.list file and then ran
> apt-get update / apt-get upgrade
>
> Thanks
>
> Gordon

That's excellent, thanks very much Gordon. I'm going to try replacing
my mythtv packages tomorrow with the ones from that repo and see how
it goes. I was trying to stick with mplayer because it was the only
one I could get the hardware overlay to work with my Intel x3100 video
chipset (to stop the tearing), but it looks like there's a patch I can
apply to the xorg_intel driver so that's made things easier again.

Jean & Stephen: Thanks very much for the info on the codecs used, I've
been doing some reading up on how to get support for the audio
working, although I'm still a little confused as to why the video's
not working atleast (I'm certain there's x264 support compiled into
mplayer by default), but I'm going to give myth another go first.

Cheers,
Simon