[mythtvnz] help - lost my mythtv database

Jean-Francois Pirus jfp at clearfield.com
Fri Jan 16 08:19:43 GMT 2009

 > A couple of days ago, I copied a large video file to my home directory
-
 > completely forgetting that my home directory lives on my rather small
'/' partition.  Within seconds i had filled up / and things rapidly
went
 > downhill from there.

Your database will most likely be corrupted and will need to be repaired.

If you have mythweb setup, try
http://MYTHBOX_HOSTNAME/mythweb/settings/database
and use "repair".

Otherwise from the command line

mysqlcheck -r -c -A -f -p --auto-repair

PS: The mysql database files will most likely be in
/var/lib/mysql (It  might depend on the distribution)

Jean-Francois Pirus     <jfp at clearfield.com>           Technical Manager
Phone (+64-9)  358 2081                          Clearfield Software Ltd
Fax   (+64-9)  358 2083                    1st Floor 8-10 Whitaker Place
Mob   (+64-21) 640 779                P O Box 3901 Auckland, New Zealand