[mythtvnz] Testers needed for MythKiwi Bulk Meta Grabber program

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Jan 8 23:59:53 GMT 2009

On Friday 09 January 2009 12:45:48 Nick Rout wrote:
> Initial reaction - it needs to better identify what is a TV show.
>
> for example
> stargate.atlantis.s02e13.critical.mass.ws.dvdrip.xvid-saints.avi is not
> picked up as a TV show.

There's the find_meta.py script which is included in the mythvideo install (for
now at least). It detects TV episodes and movies and searches IMDB
automatically.

> Have you ever considered using thetvdb.com (which has a well defined
> api) and/or themoviedb.org (ditto).
>
> Imdb apparently doesn't like scraping which is why myth is moving to
> tmdb. See recent discussion in mythtv-user mailing list.

Indeed. The IMDB T&C don't support scraping so myth is moving away from it.

I have a new script and libraries in the works which work with themoviedb.com
and thetvdb.com - it's not quite ready yet but shouldn't be long.

With open databases such as these with an API there's no reason to be using
IMDB anymore, especially since they don't allow it.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware.