[mythtvnz] Need help using pvr.geek.nz epg

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 05:21:58 GMT 2009

Okay I am jumping around now. I have given up trying to use xmltvnz and now I am trying to use pvr.geek.nz.

I have been using the guide here

http://www.teirney.net/blog/2007/05/14/setting-up-an-epg-for-mythtv-in-new-zealand/

so far if I run

mythfilldatabase --manual

mythfilldatabase runs but it does not question me about channels (it says it will, but it doesn't)

I have run the following (all manually to test):

sudo wget http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings-freeview.xml.gz   this works and downloads the zipped xml file

sudo gunzip -f listings-freeview.xml.gz this works and unzips the xml file.

I then run

mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 1 -1 listings-freeview.xml --update

and I get the error:

Deprecated option '--no-delete'
2009-01-06 18:19:01.353 Bypassing grabbers, reading directly from file
illegal option: 'listings-freeview.xml' (use --help)
2009-01-06 18:19:01.354 DataDirect: Deleting temporary files
steve at MythBackEnd:/home/mythtv/.mythtv/epg$

It seems that there is something wrong with the way I have used the options but I don't know what is wrong.

Oh and I realise that I am running the commands as sudo, I thought I would work on permissions and correct directories later.

      Get the world's best email - http://nz.mail.yahoo.com/