[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 8.10 Diskless Clients

Toby Mills toby at np.co.nz
Sun Jan 4 07:34:50 GMT 2009

>Has anyone had any luck in getting the diskless client thing to work?
>Any suggestions welcome.

I had it working sweet using Mythbuntu and Etherboot.
However, as of 2 days ago it mysteriously stopped working and am getting
NBD failed to connect messages.
Have just done an upgrade to see if that fixed it but to no avail.
Currently going around in circles trying to trace the problem and have
resorted to watching TV on windows using MythTV player until I get it
sorted.

Usually though, once you have a PC that will actually boot using the
method you choose, then it just works.

Toby