[mythtvnz] State of h264 decoding

Richard (lists) rich_lists at richms.com
Sun Jan 4 04:54:06 GMT 2009

The 8400GS is hardly noisy or hot, and at least in windows does a great job
of playing all the freeview HD channels and even bluray, so I would expect
similar once the access to the GPU is sorted from myth.

Its available in a passive Heatsink even, so its TDP must be pretty low.
Standalone boxes manage h.264 without even heatsinks on chips so there is no
reason for a decoder to be hot and noisy.