[mythtvnz] DVB-T signal strength

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Thu Feb 26 01:02:55 GMT 2009

Have you edited your

/etc/modprobe.d/options

file and added

#switch on onboard amplifier on Nova-T-500 card
options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
# stops it from going to sleep thereby giving the disconnects
options usbcore autosuspend=-1

 per post by "Dr. David J. Knowles" <dknowles at clearfield.com>[1] on Feb 18?

The second part that stops the USB core from going into sleep mode fixed a few of my lock ups.  I have the odd issue on TV3, but I note that for me, this MAY be fixed in 180.35 of VDPAU.

Cheers

Douglas.

Quoting "Graeme Woollett" <g.woollett at irl.cri.nz>:

>> You should use hyphens, not underscores for dvb-usb-dib0700.  I know
>> the module is named with underscores, but I just tested it both ways
>> and it only works with hyphens.
>>
>> I believe I've seen it written up wrong on a wiki somewhere as well.
>> I have been using underscores as well
>>

> I've made some progress with my DVB-T stability, currently using the
> 180.29.  Got most of the way through watching "House" last night and the
> whole machine locked solid.  I updated to the latest testing version of
> Jeans, still the same outcome at the same position in the recording.
>
> I don't think heat is not an issue now, I put an extra fan in my box.
> Is this just a problem I'm having?

Links:
------
[1] javascript:popup_imp('/horde/imp/compose.php',700,650,'to=\&quot;Dr.%20David%20J.%20Knowles\&quot;%20&lt;dknowles at clearfield.com&gt;');