[mythtvnz] EPG on Freeview HD (terrestrial)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:58:51 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen
<ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I happened to be watching a Freeview commercial the other day (a rare
> thing nowadays ;-)) and I saw something about there being 8 days of
> EPG available.  Last time I used the broadcasted EPG on the
> terrestrial broadcast it was only a few hours ahead.  Is anyone aware
> of whats going on here?  Not to bag it too much but the xmltvnz
> grabber is not so great and it would be good to get it over the air
> again (that way I'm not reliant on the internet as well).

I assume by xmltv grabber you are referring to tv_grab_nz-py. Its data
comes from EIT, and it massages the data to improve it. Therefore you
won't get any better from EIT.

(EIT->epgsnoop->tv_grab_nz-py)

xmltvnz.exe (which will run on linux under mono) is basically a web
scraper. I used it for a while. It uses a large amopunt of bandwidth,
and a large mount of RAM while running. I don't recommend it, although
IIRC the quality of the data was OK.