[mythtvnz] Fw: Multithreaded H.264 playback

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 20:08:02 GMT 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Steve V <olivuts at yahoo.com>
To: g8ecj at gilks.org
Sent: Monday, 16 February, 2009 9:05:17 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Multithreaded H.264 playback

I have the AMD Athlon 6000 (dual core CPU). 2gb of Ram (512Mb is used by the video GPU).

I had real trouble finding the power supply I wanted, and as I wanted to get on and build the PC this weekend I ended up with something from PBtech in Wellington that had a big slow fan. It is actually quite quiet (i'll check the brand tonight). The CPU fan on the other hand is running full bore and is quite loud.

I bought a Silverstone LC10m case as I plan for this to be a combined BE/FE in the lounge - but I have to sort out how to get the CPU fan speed control working first.

Mostly it was painless build. Only things left to sort out on the hardware side are:
getting the imon VFD to work
getting the imon remote set up
sorting out lm-sensors so I can easily check the various temperatures and then set up fan speed control