[mythtvnz] Multithreaded H.264 playback

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Feb 15 09:26:45 GMT 2009

> I've just built a PC with a ASUS M3N-H/HDMI. VDPAU is working, still some
> testing and tuning to be done.
>
> I can view TV3 with around 12%CPU usage on one core. I have some bad
> blocking on fast moving objects on TV1, 2 and 3.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve

What CPU and RAM have you put in that board? I'm looking at a new frontend
based on it (in fact it has enough PCI slots & SATA to replace my
backend/server which at 6 years old needs an update) and need to extract a
digit before the prices go up any more.

Since I'll be running the frontend diskless, any thoughts on PSU and case
as well then I'll have a pretty good idea of a complete system (I think I
can choose a DVD drive on my own!!)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks