[mythtvnz] Freeview hardware advice sought

Kerry Baker kerry.baker at orcon.net.nz
Thu Feb 12 22:57:21 GMT 2009

Thanks for the informative replies guys!
I'm fine with Freeview SD because my TV is SD anyway.  If and when I
upgrade it I will upgrade my myth box to HD.

Based on your replies I think I will buy and install a DVB-S card.
My Epia SP13000 has hardware MPEG2 decoding so it should be fine because
Satellite Freeview is transmitted as MPEG2 right?

Does anyone have any recommendations of DVB-S cards?  Or know of any to
avoid?

Thanks again.

Kerry