[mythtvnz] Getting remote to work on Ubuntu 8.10 - Hauppauge Nova-T-500

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:11:14 GMT 2009

Found these entries in the syslog file:

Feb  6 10:17:01 mythserver /USR/SBIN/CRON[9593]: (root) CMD (   cd /
&& run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Feb  6 10:30:17 mythserver -- MARK --
Feb  6 10:39:01 mythserver /USR/SBIN/CRON[9878]: (root) CMD (  [ -x
/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find
/var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -print0 |
xargs -n 200 -r -0 rm)
Feb  6 10:50:17 mythserver -- MARK --
Feb  6 11:04:31 mythserver lircd-0.8.3[6358]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd