[mythtvnz] Getting remote to work on Ubuntu 8.10 - Hauppauge Nova-T-500

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:08:23 GMT 2009

Hi David,

I tried saving the files on the MythKiwi site to the places listed in
the headers of each.  Rebooted the system and same situation.  Looking
in MCC the remote seems to be configured according to the MK site as
it comes up with custom, uses the correct config file etc.

I looked at running processes and lircd wasn't there.  So I "sudo
/etc/init.d/lirc restart" and got a fail for stopping the process and
OK for starting it.  Should I be looking in a log file to see what's
causing this problem?