[mythtvnz] Frontend access of backend DVD drive?

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 31 07:32:58 GMT 2009

Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:
> Thanks for the thoughts, I shall try mounting the drive as suggested.

Good luck - I've never tried it like that.  Our TV machine has no DVD
drive.   I suspect you'll have problems with locking... NFS will think
the path is in use and refuse to unlock it.

Might be easier to install a DVD drive in the front end, in the long run.

> Dare I ask what you use to rip DVDs?  This may need to be taken off list
> (I don't want another caffufle like what happened with the Sky thing).

Mythtv - I suspect that's on topic for this list.

Main -> Optical Disks -> Import DVD
and use "good" as a target quality.
Fails badly on newish disks though this may have improved with 0.22

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/