[mythtvnz] Chch setup help please?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Dec 28 07:43:03 GMT 2009

> Hi folks.
>
> Can someone in Chch help me set up MythTV on a Via epia m10000,
> PVR-150 system on-site please?

Hi Wayne

I've just recently put a 0.22 frontend onto an Epia SP13000 (a bit more
grunt than yours but not much!) but found that the only kernels that seems
to work correctly to get the XvMC drivers from OpenChrome to work are ones
prior to 2.6.26. Not a problem for me (I use Gentoo so I just mix up what
I fancy) but I did find I had to use an old version of udev as well.

With those points in mind, maybe an oldish install of Ubuntu that has the
correct kernel version and then build the Myth stuff by hand - that will
avoid a lot of dependency problems that a package install of Myth would
entail...

The backend stuff should just work and the EPG stuff you will find loads
of info on the magic required by searching this list on gossamer-threads.

--
Robin Gilks