[mythtvnz] Internet Traffic

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:00:30 GMT 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

Just my 2c.  If the traffic burden is excessive (which the hoster of the
epg data needs to determine since its not a big deal for individual
users) splitting the file could be achieved.  You could split the file
by date and possibly channel.  Add a 'version' number which is iterated
if there is a line up change from the previous issue.  Then clients just
need to check what their version number is and if its lower than the
latest it downloads it.  This could possibly be achieved with filenames
containing version numbers or through an index file.