[mythtvnz] HVR-1200 and EPG...

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:15:54 GMT 2009

> > Is there any way to cache the downloaded program data, rather than
> > re-downloading it each time, even if it hasn't changed? I noticed the
> > --cache option in the help, but how do I use that with myth?
>
> Yeah unfortunately you can't currently. I implemented the cache
> functionality as per the XMLTV spec but I don't think much uses it
> currently.

How about dropping a Squid in front of the requesting machine to cache the
response from Had's server? And then use a time-appropriate refresh_pattern
directive for the URL in the Squid conf?

I have an almost default deploy of Squid on a Ubuntu 9.10 server on my LAN
and caching of the nice.net.nz xml just works.