[mythtvnz] case for mini itx FE solution

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 04:47:17 GMT 2009

I took an old '80's CD player, gutted it and put a mini-itx board and
DVD drive in it. It looks very retro in my stereo cabinet.

One of the long-term goals is to wire up the buttons on the front panel
so they can control MythTV.

Just as an update for discussion, a friend of mine wondered if it would
be possible to 'install' a zotac ion or similar MB actually inside an
LCD TV.  I haven't looked into it myself but there might be room inside
the chassis of some models.  Then either connect up the HDMI connectors
internally or externally, fit a IR sensor and away you go?...

Thoughts?