[mythtvnz] Seek issues on currently-recording file

Walter Somerville walter at aaatos.net
Thu Aug 27 10:51:11 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Jonathan Hoskin
<jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I too have always had this issue, since VDPAU started working + 8.10. I work around it by saving my position before seeking, escape out of playback, then hit "play from bookmark", then seeking works. After a few minutes it is no longer accurate however. Otherwise, the down arrow on my remote jumps ahead 10 minutes, which seems to line up with ad-breaks on 3 News, so just starting from the beginning again isn't so hard.
> Playing back a recording-in-progress seems to set a reference point on the head of the recording from the time you start watching, with any seeks treating this as a fixed end point.
> Jonathan

That is possible, I guess, but it seems strange that it would do that
for H264 only (perhaps other digital? any DVB-S users seeing/not
seeing this?), and only while the file is still being written. I
haven't looked at the source yet, but I suspect it'll be a bit too
complicated to get my head around quickly...

Perhaps also of interest would be if anyone is using DVB-T and *not*
seeing this?

Walter