[mythtvnz] Zotac ion settings and other issues

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz
Sun Aug 23 22:16:59 BST 2009

> Sometimes on boot up it seems to start 2 instances of Mythfrontend
> - not absolutely sure that this is what is happening as I haven't
> sshed in to check what processes are running, but when it happens
> nothing plays well and when I use escape to exit I end up exiting
> Mythfrontend and find a second version sitting behind, which I then
> have to exit before I can restart Mythfrontend and watch stuff.
>
> Sometimes on boot networking does not start, I have to exit
> mythfrontend (which hasn't started properly - I get the can't find
> uPNP server error) and run /etc/init.d/networking restart to get
> networking going.
>
> Audio seems to be out of sync on most recordings, by up to 50ms.
> It's not out of sync on my other frontend so it must be a playback
> issue. Sometimes when I adjust the audio sync audio stops altogether.

I too had two instances of Mythfrontend starting up.  It was something to do with having two XFCE sessions and autostarting.  This caused quite awful audio issues.  Both frontends were responding to the remote control, however they would not be 100% in sync with each other, and so i got terrible echo artifacts occuring.

I was never able to resolve the issue properly.  In the end i reinstalled Mythbuntu and the issue disappeared.

--
Mark van Dijk