[mythtvnz] Zotac ion settings and issues

Mark de Reeper mark.dereeper at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 05:38:59 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Steve V <olivuts at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone got a Zotac up and running and doing everything they want?
>
> I have a single core board with a Mythbuntu 9.04 install
> 2gigs of RAM
> JYA repository for Myth
> Nvidia 185.18.31
> A Philips media centre remote receiver (and a Logitech remote)
>
> After a few weeks of tinkering (a little bit each day) I am about 80% happy
> with the way it works.
>
> Issues I have are:
>
> Sometimes on boot up it seems to start 2 instances of Mythfrontend - not
> absolutely sure that this is what is happening as I haven't sshed in to
> check what processes are running, but when it happens nothing plays well and
> when I use escape to exit I end up exiting Mythfrontend and find a second
> version sitting behind, which I then have to exit before I can restart
> Mythfrontend and watch stuff.
>
> Sometimes on boot networking does not start, I have to exit mythfrontend
> (which hasn't started properly - I get the can't find uPNP server error) and
> run /etc/init.d/networking restart to get networking going.
>
> Audio seems to be out of sync on most recordings, by up to 50ms. It's not
> out of sync on my other frontend so it must be a playback issue. Sometimes
> when I adjust the audio sync audio stops altogether.
>
> When I use timestretch say to 1.2x the video speeds up fine but the audio
> breaks up badly. "top" shows no real increase in CPU use going from 1x to
> 1.2x but it acts like the processor can't keep up with the required stretch.
> I've tried all the options for deinterlacer in case it was somehow related
> to the NVIDIA driver.
>
> Just wondering if anyone is seeing the same issues or if anyone has a
> better performing system, I'd love to know your settings.

Sounds like you have some answers for the multiple instances problem,  were
you able to resolve the audio issues?

I am really close to getting one of these little beasts (PriceSpy is a big
help but I have found some big differences in freight changes), just
wondering how happy you are with the performance of the video playback, does
it live up to all of the reviews I have read? You doing HDMI with audio or
some other combo?

Your in WN right? Maybe we could catch up off-line to get into this in more
detail.

Thanks

Mark