[mythtvnz] Prime on freeview from tomorrow

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:45:42 BST 2009

I couldn't get this to work for me but I think it was because I wasn't
sure which multiplex id to use (looking back at it now I see I guessed
wrong so it may have worked if I tried each one).  Note this is for
DVB-T in Hamilton, I'm not sure if it will work everywhere.

Way I got it to work is from the backend go to channel scan but select
from the scan type options choose 'scan existing transports'.  I also
selected ignore timeout but I'm not sure if this is needed.  This didn't
seem to wreck any of my existing channels.

Then getting mythfilldatabase (xmltvnz / tv_grab_nz-/py) to work
involved going to ~/user/.mythtv/XMLTVNZ.xml and changing the '!' to a
'=/' for the prime.sky.co.nz entry and rerunning mythfilldatabase.

HTH someone