[mythtvnz] Prime on freeview from tomorrow

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Aug 17 03:17:59 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 14:03 +1200, Aaron Drysdale wrote:
> What is the easiest way to add this into my system? Do I have to scan
> from the backend? Past experience with this has been painful, as I have
> often lost the channel icons and also have to re enter all my xmltv IDs.
> Also I have two tuners - a Nova-T 500 and Nova-S 500, so twice the pain
> if I do it this way. Any tips on an easier method would be gratefully
> received.

I just insert a record directly into the mysql table myself. Note that
this may break things and isn't a supported way of changing settings.

Something like;

INSERT INTO channel(chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign, name,
icon, xmltvid, visible, mplexid, serviceid) VALUES($1, 4, 4, $2,
'Prime', 'Prime', '/home/hads/.mythtv/channels/prime.jpg',
'prime.sky.co.nz', 1, $3, 1928);

You need to sort out $1, $2 and $3, and possibly adjust channel numbers,
icons, and xmltvids to suit your system.

SELECT MAX(chanid) + 1 FROM channel;

will give you $1;

SELECT * FROM videosource;

will give you $2, and;

SELECT mplexid FROM dtv_multiplex WHERE frequency = 12456000;

will give you $3. You should be able to do all that in one query too.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier