[mythtvnz] Udev, 3 pci cards dance around the os.

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 02:46:54 BST 2009

Ahh I see your issue you need to have a udev rule that iterates.... so
that both devices don't end up on the same path with the last one
winning..

Try appening %n to your rule ie
NAME="NovaT_USB_%n"

The %n will be replaced with a number creating a separate link for each tuner

Jason Taylor

2009/8/7 Barry Clearwater <barryc at bcsystems.co.nz>:
>> 2009/8/7 Jason Taylor <killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Create udev rule for your USB device as well.. ?
>>>
>>> As I understand it.. the reason this is still so hard is there wasn't
>>> a generic way to apply udev rules for all video devices (including
>>> webcams, tuner cards etc) so originally there were no rules..
>>>
>>> Im sure I saw somewhere a fix was on its way but my google skills are
>>> failing to find it again at the moment
>>>
>>> Jason Taylor

>> Yes, I've done the udev rule, but there are two receivers on the card
>> udevadm finds them both but they have the same serial number, no way to
>> differentiate between the two, result: only one receiver showing up.
>>
>> So have people who had satelite cards then got a nova t 500 taken out
>> their satellite cards or what?
>>

>> Barry Clearwater
>> Email: barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
>

> Sorry, forgot the reply to all
>
> --

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven