[mythtvnz] Aleutia H1

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:14:13 BST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM, steve <steve at greengecko.co.nz> wrote:

> My DVD connects over coax to the receiver ( an Arcam AVR-250 ). The
> interference from the other electronics of the fe, which uses the
> standard audio out into the aux ports is noticeable, and the quality
> relatively poor.

You don't have anyway of connecting the fe digitally? I'm using one of
these:
http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4a77d128028c0a6e273fc0a87f3b06d7/Product/View/XH7847
The S/PDIF outputs work perfectly. It doesn't matter how bad the sound
quality of the card is (or what interference it picks up) because it doesn't
do any analogue audio processing.

> Mind you IIRC that coax cable ( no it's not a Monster! ) cost more than
> the whole fe!

Why so expensive? It sounds like that's a digital connection so the cable
quality will have no effect on the sound quality unless it's so bad it's
dropping bits. I'm using a cheap composite video cable - it's perfect.

Cheers,