[mythtvnz] Problem adding VDPAU support

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:00:49 BST 2009

Hi

2009/4/27 Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>:
> Is it worth going to the weekly builds?  I see on the Mythbuntu site
> that you can add a repository to do so.  If so which one is recommended
> and am I going to get more fixes or more problems?

If you do that, you will loose VDPAU ...

My packages are based on mythbuntu, but I provide additional fixes and
features ; plus of course VDPAU support.

> We watched some recordings last night and they seemed to play alright
> except for one movie which froze about every second due to the CPU
> maxing out!  I didn't think that there was as much load on the CPU?
>> VDPAU only supports H264 profie 4.1 in recent drivers, and the amount
>> of reference frames depends on how much video RAM you have.

Did you create a VDPAU playback profile ?
if you are seeing those errors, you probably aren't.
run mythvideo -v playback on a recording and post the log here

Jean-Yves