[mythtvnz] Problem adding VDPAU support

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 09:19:18 BST 2009

Hi

2009/4/26 Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for clearing that up, Jean-Yves.  I think you might be right on.
> I recollect seeing something along those lines in the console output
> (which I couldn't copy and paste at the time).

I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
That bug was fixed last month in the mythbuntu weekly packages ... But
the one that comes in default ubuntu still have the bug.

You may want to re-install mythtv-backend just to clear that error

> Checking the myth log shows lots of errors like this:
>
> 2009-04-26 18:47:37.682 [h264 @ 0x7f430a434ed0]number of reference
> frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input), discarding one

But does it play fine ?
that you see warnings/errors in the log, doesn't always mean the video
won't play

VDPAU only supports H264 profie 4.1 in recent drivers, and the amount
of reference frames depends on how much video RAM you have.
.