[mythtvnz] No sound with Freeview HD

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:09:36 BST 2009

I had this problem early on as well.

I just played around with the options in: Utilities/Setup -> Setup ->
General -> Audio. IIRC I had to change the "Audio output device" and "Mixer
device" settings to suit. Another issue which clouded my troubleshooting is
that the volume output from my sound card is way lower than most other
devices in my lounge, so I ended up cranking the amp up a few clicks to be
sure. I also used 100% for the two volume sliders in the aformentioned
config page).

I also found that I got better results from using Master in the "Mixer
controls" setting, rather than PCM.