[mythtvnz] Live TV Hangs on Programme Change

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:29:22 BST 2009

Hi

2009/4/5 James Booth <james at booths.net.nz>:
> But I'm not using VDPAU. However.... last night I tried to upgrade to 180.44
> using the nvidia installer so I can try out VDPAU. I now have a broken
> system, starting X shows that the nvidia kernel module still has version
> 180.11, but the installer reports building the module correctly. WAF are
> getting edgy - any thoughts on what I should check?

Did you use the nvidia installer or a package?

If the first ; kill X with sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
run the nvidia installer to uninstall.

then type sudo rmmod nvidia to unload the nvidia driver

remove all nvidia.ko files that could still be in your /lib/modules/`uname -r`
with something like:
find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -exec sudo rm -f {} \; -print

Then re-run the nvidia installer.
Once done, type
modprobe nvidia
check in the system log that the correct module version is installed
and restart X:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start