[mythtvnz] Upgrade Mythbuntu 7.10 to 8.04lts to get 0.21

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 25 09:35:11 BST 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:30:25 +1200, you wrote:

>Hi Stephen
>Tell me more about your bootable Clonezilla/Gparted CD.  How did you
>create that under Linux?
>I have to hunt down the commands to do ANYTHING with Linux, and it takes
>me AGES to do the simplest of things.  I know what I want to do and how
>I would do it in a DOS or windoze environ, but Linux is so different for
>me ;o)  Thanks for your patience!

I just downloaded the live CD image from here:

  http://gpartedclonz.tuxfamily.org/
  http://gpartedclonz.tuxfamily.org/download.php

and burned it to a CD (I actually did that on my Windows box).  Then
you can just boot the CD in any machine and follow the prompts.  As
with a lot of Linux text based interfaces, it is not always easy to
tell exactly which options I wanted, and I had to cycle around the
menus a few times to work it out.