[mythtvnz] Upgrade Mythbuntu 7.10 to 8.04lts to get 0.21

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 03:30:26 BST 2008

I'm pretty sure that there is 0.21 for 7:10...

I did have a couple of issues with the update... the main one being that the
input table doubled up entries for the a pvr150 card which you couldn't see
in the UI but you could in the DB (This caused recordings to fail), had to
fix it by manually deleting the entry in mysql.

0.21 has recording groups as well which will make your second HDD easier to
setup

It will keep all your recordings, schedules etc intact

Multirec seems to work very nicely... its worth it ;)

Note: you could also do a distro update to hardy 8.04 (general upgrade
applies)
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/04/23/how-to-upgrade-ubuntu-710-to-ubuntu-804/

Jason Taylor

2008/9/25 Noel & Di <noel at igrin.co.nz>

> Hi all
> I currently run Ubuntu 7.10 and want to get the new multi-rec capability
> of myth 0.21.  What is the simplest way to upgrade - (I have ceased my
> efforts trying to get myth to use a second HDD for expanded  storage,
> lack of knowledge and fruitless hours of perusing the forums has taken
> it's toll on the WAF).  Should I use Mythbuntu's package manager to
> upgrade - then how do I get 0.21 in there without losing all my
> previously recorded programs?
> Thanks
> Noel,
> an old DOS junkie who is slowly coming to grips with linux.

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a
battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Calven