[mythtvnz] H264 Performance - Patch to enable skip loop filtering and use 2 threads.

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:43:20 BST 2008

Steve,

That would make sense then. I think PowerDVD is using multi-core, it
definitely isn't using hardware acceleration for the graphics in Nvidia 6100
onboard and HW acceleration is turned off.

So can I probably infer from this that somewhere around 3.0GHz (maybe a bit
less for Intel) is required to decode the H.264 stream, in software, without
skip loop filter? I have heard others here mention other issues such as
segfaults, but I am still looking to setup a myth box for Freeview|HD
eventually and don't mind just getting a grunty enough machine to do it, if
the requirements aren't too far out.

Andrew