[mythtvnz] H264 Performance - Patch to enable skip loop filtering and use 2 threads.

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Sep 14 20:35:22 BST 2008

On 14/09/2008, at 7:10 PM, Andrew Richards wrote:

> Steve,
>
> It is a 5200 X2 (2.6GHz). It uses around 60% CPU on TV3 and is capable
> of 1080i playback using the PowerDVD8 codec under Windows.

The 60% will be combined across the 2 CPUs so one core is running
100%. As ffmpeg's H.264 decoder still doesn't thread well enough it
isn't going to use the other core to do enough decoding for playback
to be smooth. PowerDVD's coded will either hardware accel or use both
cores.

Steve

email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz