[mythtvnz] Strange Lirc or remotes problem on two different machines running same software and serial receiver

Tim Wiel timwiel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:21:35 BST 2008

*Introduction:* We have two different machines running Mythbuntu 8.04
and all are running the same lirc version (Version:
0.8.3~pre1-0ubuntu7.1) and exactly the same mythtv frontend version
(Version: 0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu3.1).

*Details: *The two use both use /lirc_dev lirc_serial/ modules and a
technisat serial receiver as the receiving hardware.

The working one with serial - is running as just a frontend and the
other one is running both frontend and backends. However I don't believe
this is the problem. In my experience serial hardware lirc is completely
seperate from the what mythtv cards, backend or frontend are installed,
etc. But for the record the non working box has two Hauppauge Nova-T
cards in it but is using the serial port receiver from a technisat as we
have had no problems with this receiver up til now (in 6 or more boxes
it has worked straight up using the hardware.conf and lircd.conf I have
created).

The remotes being used are all the new black Hauppauge remotes and
running irw from commandline on both the boxes results in commands being
sent from the remote to commandline ( ie the remote commands are all
being received).

*Problem: *The box not working properly has the playback control keys at
the top of remote (ie play, pause, fast forward, rewind, etc) not being
recognised in mythtv however they appear in the irw with the correct
codes for .lircrc file. All the other buttons work fine. Remembering the
lircd.conf and .lircrc are both the same on the machines and exist in
all the right places.

Any ideas where I should look for problems next.

I have attached the lircd.conf and the lircrc file.