[mythtvnz] Xmltv options not showing

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Oct 30 04:07:56 GMT 2008

On 30/10/2008, at 4:04 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> running mythtv-setup shuts down the backend runs the setup and then
>> on
>> exit
>> repopulates the listings and restarts the backend.. it needs sudo
>> for that
>>

> Oh dear - its totally non-standard then.
>
> mythtv-setup on my system is not a script that plays with other
> things but
> an executable built using the standard mythtv libraries (I always
> build
> from source).
>
> I wonder why the person who wrote it decided on reusing the name of an
> existing executable in the mythtv suite.

Under the MythTV builds for Ubuntu a number of binaries are renamed
to .real, like mythtv-setup.real, with a wrapper management script to
make sure the system is in the correct state to run the tools
correctly, like shutting down the backend.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz