[mythtvnz] Recording Statistics

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Tue Oct 28 20:09:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 19:35 +1300, David Lowe wrote:
> If I was a psychologist or criminal profiler, I would see a great deal
> of interest in these reports. Actually, if I was in the business of
> selling advertising, I would probably pay for this data. I wonder if
> there's a business model in there - give away MythTV setups in return
> for access to the data so that you can offer relevant and targeted
> promotions... sort of google for the TV? hmmm...

I believe that Tivo is (or did) do targetted advertising based on the
viewing profiles of their customers.  But yeah, I think you're right
there is probably money to made from this data.  :(

> Anyway, I'm gutted that 'Spooks' rates so poorly amongst you guys -
> gadget rich, realistic plots, highly recommended. Even the re-runs are
> worth it.

I might have to check it out.  There is sooo little worth watching at
the moment.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand